KRIS MEEKE HANDED TIME PENALTY AND SLIPS TO 10TH IN COPEC RALLY CHILE
CONCEPCIÓN (CHILE): Kris Meeke and Sebastien Marshall were handed a one-minute time penalty by Rally Stewards on Sunday afternoon and that has dropped the Toyota Gazoo Racing World Rally Team crew from eighth to 10th in the overall final classification of Copec Rally Chile.
The crew removed their damaged windscreen in the control area between TC8 and the start of SS8 and that was deemed to be in a Parc Ferme area.
Rally Stewards stated that the screen should have been removed and the situation rectified on the road section. In so doing, Meeke had contravened the Parc Ferme rules (Art. 42 1.2 in conjunction with Art. 2.12) of the 2019 FIA WRC Sporting Regulations and the time penalty was duly imposed.
2019 Copec Rally Chile – positions after SS16 (unoffcial @ 18.00hrs):
- Ott Tänak (EST)/Martin Järveoja (EST) Toyota Yaris WRC 3hrs 15min 53.8sec
- Sébastien Ogier (FRA)/Julien Ingrassia (FRA) Citroën C3 WRC 3hrs 16min 16.9sec
- Sébastien Loeb (FRA)/Daniel Elena (FRA) Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC 3hrs 16min 24.0sec
- Elfyn Evans (GBR)/Scott Martin (GBR) Ford Fiesta WRC 3hrs 17min 30.5sec
- Teemu Suninen (FIN)/Marko Salminen (FIN) Ford Fiesta WRC 3hrs 19min 09.4sec
- Esapekka Lappi (FIN)/Janne Ferm (FIN) Citroën C3 WRC 3hrs 19min 39.2sec
- Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR)/Anders Jaeger-Amland (NOR) Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC3hrs 20min 32.8sec
- Kalle Rovanperä (FIN)/Jonne Halttunen (FIN) Škoda Fabia R5 (WRC 2 Pro)3hrs 23min 46.3sec
- Mads Østberg (NOR)/Torstein Eriksen (NOR) Citroën C3 R5 (WRC 2 Pro)3hrs 24min 09.9sec
- Kris Meeke (GBR)/Sebastian Marshall (GBR) Toyota Yaris WRC 3hrs 24min 27.2sec
2019 FIA World Rally Championship for Drivers – positions after round 6 (unofficial):
1. Sébastien Ogier (FRA)
2. Ott Tänak (EST)
3. Thierry Neuville (BEL)
4. Kris Meeke (GBR)
5. Elfyn Evans (GBR)